Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does my entry pass include admission to all exhibitions and galleries?
- Entry pass include general admission to the Museum's permanent galleries. To visit specially ticketed exhibitions, additional charges may apply some popular exhibitions require timed-tickets to manage crowd capacities, which must be redeemed for entrance at the time assigned as you enter the Virasat-e-khalsa.
2. When is the best time to visit?
- (a) The Museum facilitates school groups during the mornings. Our experience has been that afternoon and mid-week are quiet times to visit. If you are visiting with your family then enjoy any day any time.
- (b) Virasat-e-khalsa is open 6 days a week. It is closed on Monday's, five other days of year and on special maintenance weeks.
- 26 Jan
- 15 August
- 02 October
- Special maintenance week in winter from 24 Jan. to 31st Jan. and in summer from 24 July to 31st July
- (c) Timing 10 AM to 6 PM
- (d) Tickets counters are open till 5 PM
- (e) Entry is free
- (f) One person can be issued pass Maximum for 10 persons
- (g) Passes are available at two counters one at entry point from Gurdwara Anandgarh Sahib and other from the entry point from parking area of Virasat-e-Khalsa.
3. Where is the best place to stay?
- See where to stay
4. Where can I find a list of exhibitions at the Museum?
- See Current Exhibitions and Future Exhibitions for a list of special exhibitions in Exhibitions Hall.
5. Where can we shop and dine?
- Cafeteria facility is provided in the Virasat-e-khalsa.
6. How do I arrange a visit for a group?
- For school, college or other groups, please send information at least seven days before the visit thru e-mail and get confirmation for the date and time.
7. Why can't I bring my backpack/large bag into the galleries?
- Large bags and backpacks are not permitted in the exhibitions and galleries for security reasons and for the safety of our very fragile and irreplaceable artefacts. You may leave bags free of charge at the cloak room, located at the Museum's both entrances.
8. Is the new Museum accessible to people with disabilities?
- Yes. The Museum has a limited number of wheelchairs for use free-of-charge
9. May I take photographs or videos?
- Photography or video recording is NOT permitted in permanent galleries. Photography of Virasat-e-khalsa building is permitted.
10. Does Virasat-e-Khalsa have a parking space for visitors?
- Yes, Virasat-e-Khalsa have a parking space for visitors.
11. Can I hire open air theatre or exhibition hall ?
- Yes, In this regard please e-mail at (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
12. How can I get answers of my queries?
- Please fill on line form given in the Feedback for your queries, valuable feedback and complaints, If any.
Copyright © Virasat-e-Khalsa 2011 | All Rights Reserved.
Designed & Developed By:- Total IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd.