Virasat-e-Khalsa, located in the city of Anandpur Sahib is a one of must-see attractions of Punjab. Anandpur Sahib is one of the most significant holy places of the Sikhs which is closely associated with it's religious traditions and history. Bounded by charming natural scenery, with the river Satluj forming a sparkling blue border on the south west barely four miles away, the city is located on the lower spurs of the Himalayas. Anandpur Sahib was founded in the year 1664 by the ninth Guru, Sri Guru Teg Bahadur ji, near the ruins of an ancient place, Makhowal. Anandpur Sahib is only second to the city of Golden Temple Amritsar as far as religious significance of the city is concerned.
The City Of Spiritual Bliss.
- Anandpur town was founded by Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib on June 19,1665.
- Here, Guru Gobind Singh baptised the first five Sikhs called the Panj Piaras, the five beloved ones in 1699 and created a nucleus for the Khalsa.
- Hola Mohalla festival is celebrated with great fervour and enthusiasm at Anandpur Sahib. On this day, Anandpur Sahib relives the martial splendour of the Khalsa.
The official language in Punjab is Punjabi. However, Hindi and English are also spoken.
Other Places of Pilgrimage Importance
- Gurudwara Takht Sri Kesgarh Sahib
- Fort Sri Anandgarh Sahib
- Gurudwara Guru-Ka-Mahal (Bhora Sahib)
- Gurudwara Thara Sahib
- Gurudwara Sis-Ganj Sahib
- Gurudwara Akal Bunga
- Gurudwara Damdama Sahib
- Gurudwara Manji Sahib
Also please refer "Location ".
Hope the information will help you plan your next trip to Punjab.
Copyright © Virasat-e-Khalsa 2011 | All Rights Reserved.
Designed & Developed By:- Total IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd.